Our Lady of Lourdes
The Body and Blood of Christ
Master of Divinity
Rev. Mr. Piotr Buczek
Rev. Mr. Piotr Calik
Rev. Mr. Michal Falgowski
Rev. Mr. Zenon Kurzyna
Rev. Mr. Przemyslaw Nowak
Completion of the Program
of Priestly Formation
Rev. Mr. Marek Herbut
Master Of Arts in Theology
Br. Gregory David Jones, O.S.B.
Rev. Mr. Przemyslaw Nowak
The annual Priests' Retreat is being planned. A flyer giving information and containing a registration form can be downloaded by clicking here.
The Adam Cardinal Maida Alumni Library will close for the month of July (July 1 – July 30) for maintenance and consolidation. No loans or inter-library loans will be given; please return items in the drop box in front of the Maida library. Normal summer business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) begin August 1, 2013 through September 3, 2013. Please check for updates on the library website which can be reached from the link above.
50th Anniversary of the Orchard Lake Shrine Chapel
Archbishop Allan H. Vigneron celebrated with faculty, staff and friends on Sunday, March 3, the 50th anniversary of Our Lady of Orchard Lake Shrine Chapel. After Mass, there was a luncheon reception for invited guests. Photos in the Photo Gallery.
A plenary indulgence is available with fulfillment of the following requirements. The Orchard Lake Shrine Chapel is one of the holy sites designated by the Archbishop for this indulgence. These requirements are from the Archdiocese of Detroit Web site:
How can I gain a Plenary Indulgence for the Year of Faith?
Pope Francis will grant the faithful a Plenary indulgence for the occasion of the Year of Faith. The indulgence will be valid from the opening of the Year ~ October 11th, 2012 until its end ~ November 24th, 2013. The plenary indulgence may be obtained by the faithful who are truly penitent:
- Each time they attend at least three sermons during Holy Missions, or at least three lessons on the Acts of the Council or articles of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, in church or any other suitable location
- Each time they visit, in the course of a pilgrimage, a papal basilica, a Christian catacomb, a cathedral church or a holy site designated by the local ordinary for the Year of Faith…and there participate in a sacred celebration, or at least remain for a time in prayer and pious meditation, concluding with the prescribed prayers
- Each time that, on the days designated by the local ordinary for the Year of Faith…in any sacred place, they participate in a solemn celebration of the Eucharist or the Liturgy of the Hours, adding the Profession of Faith in any legitimate form
- On any day they chose, during the Year of Faith, if they make a pious visit to the baptistery or other place in which they received the Sacrament of Baptism, and there renew their baptismal promises in any legitimate form
What has to be done to gain an indulgence?
- In order to be capable of gaining an indulgence one must be baptized, not excommunicated, and in the state of grace at least at the completion of the prescribed works.
- To gain a plenary indulgence, in addition to excluding all attachment to sin, even venial sin, it is necessary to fulfill the following three conditions:
a. sacramental confession
b. Eucharistic Communion
c. prayer for the intention of the Holy Father [one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and the Creed]
Rest in Peace
"Amen, Amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life." John 6:47
Please remember in your prayers:
Maureen Dilworth, mother of Rita Lewry, of our Board of Trustees
Ryszard Trojanowski, father of Leszek, IV Theology and uncle of Krzysztof Piotrowski, II Theology
Theresa Koper, aunt of Msgr. Koper, Dean of Pastoral Formation
Craig Postuniak, the brother of Curtis, our music director.
Please remember in your prayers all the deceased members of the families of the Orchard Lake Schools.
We welcome our visitors, especially Bishops and Vocation Directors, to the Seminary. During the few days of their visit, they join the community for Mass and daily prayers. While here Vocations Directors meet with students studying for their own dioceses and also meet with other members of the community as well as staff and faculty members.
Please pray for the entire Orchard Lake Community in our 128th year.